Monday 4 July 2016

Inspiration by Gwyneth - July 2016 - Seaside Retreat

Good Morning Everybody!

Hi everybody.

For our July posts every Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog Design Team member will be working with the wonderful new collection "Seaside Retreat" that was launched in the Dragons Lair Designs Store on the 1st.  This collection is certainly apt for this time of year and perfect, not only for scrapbooking and digi-scrapping all the photos taken on seaside trips and holidays, but also ideal for summer birthday cards and for home decor items as well.

I've already shown everybody a shaker card I made using items from the collection, but today I'd like to show you a framed bit of home decor.



These are what I used:

Stamping Dragon Designs Item:
Items from the "Seaside Retreat" collection available - here - in the store.

Consumables:
250gsm Super Smooth A4 white cardstock; Tonic Funky Glue; Pinflair Glue Gel; Ultra tacky red back sticky tape; Foam Pads; Hunkydory Shadowbox Frames; Blue ProMarker
Equipment:
Scissors; Craft Knife; My Craft Studio Elite Software

Method:
I printed out one of the blue backgrounds from the collection. I also took the sailing boat, anchor and seagull into the My Craft Studio software and resized them to the size I required before also printing them out.  These elements were then cut out.

I tore the blue background into random, white tipped, waves.  
 
Having stuck a white background to the inside back of the shadowbox frame I coloured in a blue clowdy sky with my ProMarker.

I then stuck the sea waves using funky glue along the bottom edges of each.  
 
I folded the frame into shape and used tape to attach the foiled frame on top.
 
I used foam pads and glue gel to attach the elements in place, giving shape to the sails and boat before sticking down. 

Here's an angled shot of my creation to try and show the dimension.

 And here's a closeup of the sailing boat.

- o O o -
And that is it from me for today.
Please keep coming back regularly to look at new posts as, over the next few weeks, you'll find various "Inspiration by ..." posts appear on this "Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog", as well as other posts by different Design Team members.  I'll be back with more posts over the coming months as well, so keep an eye out for those.

Till next time - Have Fun Crafting!
Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog Design Team Leader
(And if you are wondering "who's Gwyneth?" - then you'll find an "About Me and My Blog!" piece on my blog.)

------------------------------------------------------------

Stamping Dragon Designs Links
  • If you fancy trying out some of Dragons Lair Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies (you'll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
  • We are also on Etsy, so you can pop along - here - to find some Dragons Lair Designs digital downloads.
  • And why not join the "Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group" Facebook group. It's a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, daily inspiration and giveaways - and there's a loyalty club for those who take part as well.
  • "Like" Us on Facebook
  • Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge 1st Friday every month
  • Follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
  • See us on CraftsUPrint
  • And on Etsy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails