Monday 27 January 2014

"Pick of the Week" - 22 - Autumn Leaves Tutorial

Good Morning Everybody!
Gwyneth back with another "Pick of the Week".
And as it's my first "Pick of the Week" post here on The Den this year I'd like to wish you all a fantastic 2014.

I've been playing with another digi-stamp from the Stamping Dragon Designs shop and have produced a gatefold card that I think will be suitable as a male card.


Stamping Dragon Designs Item:
"Autumn Leaves Bookmark" - found - Here - in the shop.
Consumables:
Super Smooth white cardstock; ProMarkers; Black Cardstock; Frosted Gold Cardstock; 2mm deep double sided foam tape; 2mm deep double sided shaker tape; Glue Gel; Glitter Glue; Peel-off "Penblwydd Hapus" greeting (Welsh for "Happy Birthday")
Equipment:
Score Board; Perfect Layers rulers; Craft Knife; Scissors.
After printing and colouring in the image I cut the pieces out.
But rather than keep the little envelope in one piece I cut it down the centre and then cut off the tabs.  The two halves were matted onto a frozed gold cardstock, trimming to leave a 3/16 border around three sides of each but no border on the adjoining side.
The matted images were stuck to the front of a gatefold card I'd made from black cardstock.  I used 2mm tape to attach, using the wider tape on the right hand side, but using the narrow, shaker tape, around the three sides of the left hand side.  I added the glitter glue and peel-off.
Before sticking I'd cut a half circle notch out of the gatefold on the let hand side, and as the topper is only stuck on three sides, and not along the centre on this side the bookmark just slots in.
Just grip in the notch and the bookmark slides out as a little gift within the card.  A nice idea if you are giving a book, or a book token, as a gift.  In fact, If you make the mat large enough you should be able to use the same method to slot in a gift card, or even cash.
-oOo-
And that is it from me for today.
You should find various other "Den" Design Team members here with their "Pick of the Week" projects over the next few weeks - I hope that you'll also visit here again in four weeks time when I should be back with a new "Pick of the Week" item to show you
- I'm going to get my thinking cap on to see what I can come up with.
In the meantime you'll find lots of other posts popping up on this blog practically daily, so please do come back to have a look soon.

Stamping Dragon Designs Links
  • If you fancy trying out some of Stamping Dragon Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies (you'll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
  • And why not join the "Stamping Dragon Designs" Facebook group. It's a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, daily inspiration and giveaways - and there's a loyalty club for those who take part as well.
  • "Like" Us on Facebook
  • Stamping with the Dragon - Challenge Blog : new challenge every fortnight
  • Follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
  • See us on CraftsUPrint
  • Etsy Shop - Instant downloads!

Till next time - Have Fun Crafting!
Gwyneth
DT Member
(And if you are wondering "who's Gwyneth?" - then you'll find an "About Me and My Blog!" piece on my blog.)

3 comments:

Im just me - Marleen said...

ohh Gwyneth, this is FAB.. I would never have thought of adapting the bookmark. great Idea hun. thank you fro the inspiration xox

Zoe said...

What a fab idea Gwyneth, love the design xx Zoe xx

Tina said...

This is gorgeous Gwyneth, fab work as always xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails