Tuesday 28 January 2014

Felt flower embellishment - Try Something New

Hi everyone I hope that you are all well and happy!
Today I would like to share with you a little felt flower tutorial that I have done recently over in the Stamping Dragon Designs facebook group for the Try Something New feature that takes place on a Saturday.
As the title suggests it was the first time I hade made these and I hope that you like the end result! 
A few things that can be used
cut felt strips in approximately 1" and 1cm widths
 
Using a basic running stitch sew the length of the strip
 
and gently pull on the thread to gather the felt
 
This pic shows felt of the two different widths following the steps above and sewing the ends together
 
Sew the two parts together and add a button to the centre
this forms the flower
 
And finally here is a card that I have created using a felt flower of different colours
Please pop on over to the Stamping Dragon Designs FB group and check out the Try Something New feature, there is an opportunity to win loyalty points if you can correctly identify the SDD products that I have used in the card!
I hope you have enjoyed this little tut and have found it informative and useful.
Thanks for stopping by
Hugs Tina xxx
HAPPY CRAFTING
 


2 comments:

Sylvia Anderson said...

Lovely idea, great card xxx

Gwyneth said...

Excellent pictorial guide. I've fished my felt out for a project so I may well add one of these little flowers on.
Gwyneth
Popping in from the SDD FB Group Blog Ladder

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails