Monday 1 September 2014

Inspiration by Gwyneth - September

Good Morning Everybody!

Normally, when I do a lot of digital design construction, with elements from a kit, I still print them out at the end and usually do a bit of hybrid crafting with the design I've come up with.  But today I decided to go a different route, I decided to take one kit from the store, and use it to create several digital layouts.  The kit I chose had an old style photo within it, so I decided to use that as a focus for all the digital layouts, but to see what different looks I could get around it just using items from the kit.  Although I've done them as digital scrapbook layouts, the same sort of ideas can be used for card fronts (making the different layers digitally apear to be dimensional, rather than having to build up lots of layers on a card means less weight and less hight on a finished card which can help postage costs a lot), or you could have a play and put one or more of your own photos into similar layouts.

Even if you never print off your digital creations, or never even show them to anybody else, the aim of this inspiration post is to show you that if you play with just one digital kit you can get different looks.  And if you do decide to print off your creations and perhaps add a bit of glitter and glaze, you can have fab results.

Stamping Dragon Designs Item:
  • "Deco Daze Collection - Page Kit" - found - Here - in the shop.
Consumables:
No Consumables Used - as I've only made these as digital layouts I've not used any consumables this time.

Equipment:
No Crafting Equipment Used - other than my laptop and the software installed on it.  I used My Craft Studio Elite, but you can have a play with other software such as Serif CraftArtist 2 to get similar results.

These are the layouts I came up with:





Today the method is simple - I just took the papers and elements from the kit into my graphics package and played!  Resizing, layering up, moving around, etc., etc.!

-oOo-
And that is it from me for today.
Please keep coming back regularly to look at new posts as over the next few weeks you'll find various "Inspiration by ..." posts appear on this "Dragons Den" blog, as well as colouring tutorials and other posts by different Design Team members.  I'll be back with more posts over the coming months as well, so keep an eye out for those.

Stamping Dragon Designs Links
  • If you fancy trying out some of Stamping Dragon Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies (you'll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
  • And why not join the "Stamping Dragon Designs" Facebook group. It's a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, daily inspiration and giveaways - and there's a loyalty club for those who take part as well.
  • "Like" Us on Facebook
  • Crafting with the Dragon - Challenge Blog : new challenge 1st Friday every month
  • Follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
  • See us on CraftsUPrint
  • Etsy Shop - Instant downloads!

Till next time - Have Fun Crafting!
Gwyneth
DT Member
(And if you are wondering "who's Gwyneth?" - then you'll find an "About Me and My Blog!" piece on my blog.)

2 comments:

Crafty Judith said...

Fabulous post Gwyneth hun all of the layouts are really beautiful hugs Judith x

janna'scraftingattic said...

These are all absolutely gorgeous x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails