Tuesday 2 February 2016

Inspiration by Gwyneth - February 2016 - Understated Elegance

Good Morning Everybody!

Hi everybody.

For our February posts every Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog design team member will be working with the wonderful new collection "Understated Elegance" that was launched in the Dragons Lair Designs Store Yesterday.

A few days ago I put a sneaky peak photo of part of my creation up in a few places on Facebook and asked everybody to have a think about what it was I was making.


Well today I'm going to show you.


Did you guess right?!

It is actually a holder to hold bookmarks and a couple of bookmarks to put in it.  It can stand on a shelf using the integrated stand on the back, or it can be hung up using the eyelette hole in the top.  It is actually to go with the poster I showed everybody in my post yesterday, to encourage readers to use a bookmark rather than turn down pages of old books.

This is what it looks like from below - you will see that there's some depth to the pocket that's on the front to hold the bookmarks.

These are what I used:

Stamping Dragon Designs Item:
Items from the "Understated Elegance" collection available - here - in the store.
Consumables:
  • 300gsm White Cardstock, 120gsm White Paper, Quick Grab Wet Glue, Metal Corner Embelishments, Glue Gel. Eyelets, Pale Yellow Organza Ribbon
Equipment:
Trimmer, Scissors, Hougie Board, Crop-a-dial

Method:
I printed out various items from the collection at different sizes to go with my project onto paper.  The bookmarks were cut out and stuck onto cardstock before the card was trimmed to leave a small border.  

I cut the main, plain, background to the required size and stuck this onto another sheet of cardstock, and again trimmed to leave a border. I'd printed the next layer with the turned up bottom right corner at the size I wnated so simply had to cut this out before sticking it on

The pocket was made by sticking on another element, that I'd printed out at the size required, onto a third sheet of cardstock.  I then used a scoreboard to score this a small way from the image and again at 1cm, 2cm, and 3cm from the original line. Folding at the 1 and 2cm lines and cutting at the 3cm line and the corners, etc., I created a pocket that was stuck to the front of my base panel.


Some of the waste cardstock was cut into a stand shape and stuck to the back of the main panel.


I used my crop-a-dial to put a hole and set eyelets in the bookmarks and the base panel.

I finished off by adding the ribbon to the bookmarks and the metal corner embelishments to the corners of the main panels.

-oOo-
And that is it from me for today.
Please keep coming back regularly to look at new posts as, over the next few weeks, you'll find various "Inspiration by ..." posts appear on this "Dragons Lair Designs Inspiraiton Blog", as well as colouring tutorials and other posts by different Design Team members.  I'll be back with more posts over the coming months as well, so keep an eye out for those.
You might also like to sign up for the Dragons Lair Designs Newsletter - Here! - where you can have news about new collections, etc., sent straight to your E-mail box (there are even newsletter freebies to be had.)

Stamping Dragon Designs Links
  • If you fancy trying out some of Dragons Lair Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies (you'll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
  • We are also on Etsy, so you can pop along - here - to find some Dragons Lair Designs digital downloads.
  • And why not join the "Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group" Facebook group. It's a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, daily inspiration and giveaways - and there's a loyalty club for those who take part as well.
  • "Like" Us on Facebook
  • Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge 1st Friday every month
  • Follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
  • See us on CraftsUPrint
  • And on Etsy

Till next time - Have Fun Crafting!
Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog Design Team Leader
(And if you are wondering "who's Gwyneth?" - then you'll find an "About Me and My Blog!" piece on my blog.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails