Tuesday 3 February 2015

Inspiration by Gwyneth - February - Simply Soft Box

Good Morning Everybody!

Hi everybody.

How many of you are in the habit of keeping any boxes that you receive chocolates in for Christmas, birthdays or Valentine's Day?  Especially if they are of a different shape such as round boxes?

Well I had some chocolates at Christmas in a round box and couldn't resist decorating it up a bit with items from the new, "Simply Soft" kit that was launched on the 1st in the Dragons Lair Designs store.

This is what I started off with:


And this is what I finished off with:
As you can see I kept the red colour of the bottom half of the box - the lid was simply such a tight fit I knew it wouldn't fit if I painted or put paper on the bottom, but I did put a circle on the bottom itself to cover the ingredients, etc., writing.  And I couldn't resist adding a tag with a rosette topper as well.

Stamping Dragon Designs Item:
Items from the "Simply Soft Collection" available - here - in the store.

Consumables:
250gsm Super Smooth cardstock, Quick grab wet glue, Red jute twine, Eyelet
Equipment:
Hougie Board, Scissors, Crop-a-dial, ProMarkers

This is what I did:
I measured the top and side of the box lid.  I then used My Craft Studio software to build up what I wanted for the top, bottom and side of the box from items from the Simply Soft Collection, the bottom having a circle like the top but without the image.  After deciding on the side panel I printed it out twice, once with a panel for contents to be written on and once without, and these were cut and stuck around the box side.  I then snipped the top and folded them over, gluing them to the top.  I gave a clear background to the digi-stamp and then put it over the circular panel for the lid so that the background colour became a part of the image.  This was then printed out and some added colouring details were added with my ProMarkers.  After cutting out the circle I stuck it to the lid.  I'd also printed out some flowers from the kit which I cut out and stuck to the lid.  The second circle was printed, cut out, and stuck to the bottom.  I then shrunk down the main circle and also the side panel.  After printing I cut out both and used a Crop-a-dial to punch a hole and set and eyelet near the edge.  I used a score board to score every 0.5cm along the narrow strip and folded it to a concertina before sticking both ends together and glueing down to make a rosette, to which I glued another of the cut out flowers in the centre.  This is attached to the box using jute twine.

Some More Photos and Information:
Before printing off the second copy of the border I added one of the panels from the kit - this will be great for the recipient to write on whatever she intends to keep in the box.

The same panel that I put round the lid sides was also printed out much narrower, scored every 0.5cm on my score board before folding, glueing the two ends together and sticking onto the smaller circle to make a rosette on my tag.  I then glued one of the cut out flowers to cover the centre.
I used my Crop-a-dial to punch the hole and set the red centre before putting the twine through.
As the digi-stamp was placed onto one of the mottled backgrounds before printing out the background colour works its way through the digi-stamp so very little colour was added - I simply coloured some strands of hair, bands around the hat, and her lips.

-oOo-
And that is it from me for today.
Please keep coming back regularly to look at new posts as over the next few weeks you'll find various "Inspiration by ..." posts appear on this "Dragons Lair Designs Inspiraiton Blog", as well as colouring tutorials and other posts by different Design Team members.  I'll be back with more posts over the coming months as well, so keep an eye out for those.

Stamping Dragon Designs Links
  • If you fancy trying out some of Dragons Lair Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies (you'll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
  • And why not join the "Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group" Facebook group. It's a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, daily inspiration and giveaways - and there's a loyalty club for those who take part as well.
  • "Like" Us on Facebook
  • Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge 1st Friday every month
  • Follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
  • See us on CraftsUPrint

Till next time - Have Fun Crafting!
Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog Design Team Leader
(And if you are wondering "who's Gwyneth?" - then you'll find an "About Me and My Blog!" piece on my blog.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails