Sunday 12 May 2013

Interview with DT member Angela Deasy

Morning bloggers..

Here is an Interview with one of our DT members,
Angela is our digital expert on our team. She does cards & scrapbooking but all digitally.

Tell us a bit about yourself..
My name is Angela, I am married to the brilliant Patrick and Mum to the fabulous Ian. I started this obession with crafting when I first moved to Germany where I could not find greeting cards for English speaking family and friends. I have recently returned to Ireland from living abroad and the family is hoping to settle in the South East of Ireland, where we can enjoy the 'Sunny' South East and I can finally make good on my intention to set up my card-making  and  scrapbooking business.

* How long have you been crafting?
  I've been crafty since my son was in junoir school, making decorations for Easter, Chriatmas  and so on, but  it really got hold about 10+ years ago. Since then it has been a hobby that has grown and grown, and I am supported  and encouraged in the madness by my ever supportive family and friends.
* why did you start?? 
It was the first birthday card for my God-daughter Emma that sowed the seeds of crafting. It went  from a show -box full of papers and embellishments to my own craft-room and all the paraphernalia that goes with it.  I suppose this is not a million miles away from how a lot of crafters started.  I love it !!!!

* What is your favorite craft/style/tecnique?
I love working with stamps and inks. Profoundly influenced by artists like Tim Holtz and Jennifer Mcguire who have opened my eyes to some wonderful techniques and styles.  I have also recently become infatuated with digital crafting, teaching myself how to use Photoshop and marrying some of the traditional crafting to the digital to (hopefully) create some mixed media projects.

* What are your crafty plans for the future??
Like I said earlier, I would dearly love to have a business that is centred around handmade cards and crafts. I have always appreciated the time and skill  it takes to make a hand-blown glass, a fired-clay pot, original art that inspires. I want to get my craft space sorted in our new home, which should signal the start of this venture. I love the feel of a piece that has not been through a mass production process, where you see the makers thumb-print in the paint or ink or clay. and I believe there are lots of people who feel the same.  I have recently signed up for a caligraphy course and I am waiting to for a place on a Letter-press printing course with the Irish Print Museum.  Owing a hobby printing press would be heaven for me. I just nedd to find one that doesn't cost the earth. 

Show us some of your DT work for Stamping Dagon.. 
Here is a few pieces of what I have made for Stamping Dragon Designs so far.
If you wish to see more of my work please visit my blog.



  

And that is it from us today. Hope you enjoyed getting to know Angela a bit better.
Thank you for stopping by.
Janette & Marleen xx

1 comment:

Tina said...

Fab interview Angela. Love your work hun Hugs Tina xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails