Thursday 6 March 2014

Crafting on a budget

Hi Everyone I hope that you are all well and happy. Its time for this fortnights Crafting on a budget feature and this fortnight I thought I would show you a little topper I have made using eyeshadow.
The eyeshadows I have used are shimmer shadows and give exactly the same effect as mica powders and are a fraction of the cost.
 
A few things to use
A few things that can be used for this project, You will see that I have a versamark ink pad here they do cost around £5 but last forever. For todays project I have used the blue and the pearly shimmer shadows.
 Pic 2
using some masking tape I have stuck down a butterfly I have taken from a mica mask set and have pressed all over with the versamark ink pad. Using the blue eyeshadow to start with I took a make up brush and dipped it into the pot and tapped it over the topper leaving the mask in place.
 
Pic 3
 Gently lift and remove the mask, using the blue and ivory shimmer eyeshadows it has given a lovely shimmery effect, I have also used my finger to just blend and soften parts too. I then gave it a quick spray with hairspray which seals it.
Pic 4
And here you go a finished topper using EYESHADOW the ones I have used are the loose powder ones and come from my local Poundland store,they also stock the solid ones ( see first pic) you get 4 for £1 and a little goes a long way. Personally I think that this is a fab alternative to mica powders and costs a fair bit less too. As you can see I have added a few small flowers, sequins and a sentiment to create this topper, the whole thing has cost just a few pence to make so that is what I call Crafting on a budget and of course the same techniques can be used on any size project. There is a feature posted back in February on here showing how I made a simple mask/template from a plastic milk bottle.
I hope that you have found todays post useful. Thank you for stopping by
Hugs Tina
xxx
 
 

3 comments:

Fran said...

Fab idea, I love it xx

Im just me - Marleen said...

this is really class Tina. A great way to use old make up as well xx

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Great idea :-) Px

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails