Sunday 26 May 2013

Interview with DT member Jackie Smith

 Morning bloggers..

Here is an Interview with another one of our DT members,
This time we are featuring
 Jackie Smith.


Tell us a bit about yourself..
 My name is Jacqueline Smith and I'm 48 years old. I hail from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada where it snows for at least 6 months of year and longer, like this year . I'm single mom with a 18 year old son named Cameron. We also have a yellow lab name Sarah and a Ball Python name Snappy, not my idea for a pet.


* How long have you been crafting & Why did you start??
I started crafting when my son was quite small around 2001 thinking I would scrapbook his life with all the pictures I took. But what really started it, was when I went to this Store called Western Educational Activities where I was looking for some books for my son who is special needs and went to the other side and saw these wonderful cards. I actually thought I could make cards cheaper than buying them at Hallmark. Ha, Ha! was I ever wrong. I met this fabulous lady name Cathie Allan who taught me everything I know about making cards. I think my cards are more expensive but they are a labour of love especially when I went thru some difficult time when I lost my husband to Cancer 5  years ago. It gave me a sense of happiness when  I was dealing with my grief.
 


* What is your favorite craft/style/tecnique?
 My style is I put my heart into every detail of the cards I create, which varies from unique cards that have a simplicity to the, to more elaborate cards that are engaging and detailed. My cards are unique with emphasis on the exquisite detail for every occasion and no two cards are exactly alike. This keeps me inspired to keep defining myself as a card maker whose intricate cards give great joy to people and me when they receive my cards. I started blogging in  November 2010, because I needed somewhere to have my cards shown when I did  card challenges for stamp c companies. Then I wanted to have companies send me free product so I decided to try my hand at Design Teams and I'm on 5 different design teams right now.

* What are your crafty plans for the future??  
  In the future I would love to go to Ranger University and meet up with Tim Holtz and the rest of the gang. I would love to get on bigger Companies like Sizzix, JustRite, Gina K, FLourishes and Our Daily Bread Designs to name a few of the bigger companies out there. Maybe I would have my own line of stamps too! But in reality, I love to colour and enjoy the creativity of making cards and scrapbook pages.
Show us some of your DT work for Stamping Dragon Design.. 
Here is a few bits of what I have made for Stamping Dragon Design so far.
 If you want to see more of my work, please visit my blog.
  http://www.stamping4you.blogspot.com/


 

 And that is it from us for this time. Hope you all enjoyed getting to know Jackie a bit better.
Thank you for stopping by.
Janette & Marleen xx



1 comment:

Gwyneth said...

Lovely assortment of Design Team cards Jackie.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails