Monday 6 April 2015

Inspiration by Gwyneth - April - The Pansy Collection Shaped Card

Good Morning Everybody!

Hi everybody.

It's been a few months since I did a card as an inspiration piece for this blog so I thought I'd make a shaped card to show you this month.  This time I've got my die-cutting machine, and a few dies I picked up recently, out to make a card that opens out quite dimensional but still folds reasonably flat for posting (although it would still have to go as a Large Letter in the UK if you wanted to post it, but great for hand delivery).

I used  "The Pansy Collection" kit that was launched on the 1st in the Dragons Lair Designs store.  The colours of this collection are gorgeous and it contains backgrounds that will work well with lots of other items from your crafting stash so you don't have to make a floral card with it.  I decided to use it for an understated Easter card.

This is a photo of the card I made:

Iesu = Jesus, Mae'n Fyw = He Lives, Llawenhawn = Let Us Rejoyce

These are what I used:
.
Stamping Dragon Designs Item:
Items from "The Pansy Collection" available - here - in the store.

Consumables:
250gsm Super Smooth cardstock, Quick Grab Wet Glue, Brother Labeler Tape, White Hammered Cardstock
Equipment:
Scissors, My Craft Studio Software, Brother Labeling Machine, Tattered Lace Shutter Card Die Set, Cut&Boss Machine

This is what I did:
I took a lot of the elements from The Pansy Collection into the software and resized it to suite the project I was working on.  I used the software's digital die-cut function to cut out a cross from the tag.  The elements and some sheets of backgrounds were then printed out.  I cut the tag out by hand using scissors, but used the shutter card die set to cut out the base card from hammered card, and all the matting and layering pieces from my printed out sheets.  I used white on clear and black on clear tape to print out the wording I wanted using my labeling machine.  I then folded the card along the lines indicated and glued everything in place.

These are a few more photos of my card taken from different angles, starting with a closeup of the tag.



-oOo-
And that is it from me for today.
Please keep coming back regularly to look at new posts as over the next few weeks you'll find various "Inspiration by ..." posts appear on this "Dragons Lair Designs Inspiraiton Blog", as well as colouring tutorials and other posts by different Design Team members.  I'll be back with more posts over the coming months as well, so keep an eye out for those.

Stamping Dragon Designs Links
  • If you fancy trying out some of Dragons Lair Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies (you'll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
  • And why not join the "Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group" Facebook group. It's a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, daily inspiration and giveaways - and there's a loyalty club for those who take part as well.
  • "Like" Us on Facebook
  • Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge 1st Friday every month
  • Follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
  • See us on CraftsUPrint

Till next time - Have Fun Crafting!
Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog Design Team Leader
(And if you are wondering "who's Gwyneth?" - then you'll find an "About Me and My Blog!" piece on my blog.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails