Tuesday 7 July 2015

July Means Summer Fun at Dragons Lair Designs!

Hi all! It's Nanette here with some fun!  This summer we are taking the time to revisit some fun images and fun kits to play with for our makes!  I saw the popcorn image and it screamed "Summer!" and having made some jewelry last month, the two ideas merged again!  Then I had some lovely papers from the "Rainbow Bundle" kit from the Dragons Lair Designs Store and I found a pin wheel pattern, oh how I loved them as a child and still do! :)  So those two items merged into 2 lovely pinwheels!  I have made them on short sticks (colored pencils for picture purpose) but I absolutely love them! I used the patterned side of the paper and colored the back of the paper with a red marker.  I could have back the patterned paper with a lovely red piece from the collection but it would have been too thick to manipulate the pinwheels to make them. 

Here are my pinwheels!  And my popcorn earrings hanging on the jar!

The earrings..
I colored the image full sized with Bic MarkIts.  Then I shrunk the image down on my printer but will do another pair from Photoshop in my initials in red in the circles. I then pressed them into embossing ink pad and used UTEE to cover them, then I shook it off and used my heat gun to melt it into the awesome shiny finish.  I only did this once because one coat leaves a slightly bubbled appearance and for the popcorn it was perfect.  Then made a big jump ring and hooked into earring finding!
Now it is you time to go look at the store (links below!) and shop for some things so that you can play with your children by making pinwheels and playing!  And while you are at it, if you have older kids make a pair of earrings with your daughter!  Have fun!!
Happy Crafting!
Like us on Facebook!
Links to our sister sites.....

Dragons Lair Designs Links:

2 comments:

Gwyneth said...

Wonderful creations Nan. I love both of them.

My Side of Oz said...

Thanks, Gwyneth!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails