Thursday 20 February 2014

Crafting on a BUDGET - backing paper

Hi everyone I hope that you are all well and happy.
Today I would like to share with you a budget technique I saw a while back in one of the craft magazines showing how to create gorgeous backing paper using card, lemon juice and a heat gun and I hope you like it.
A few things to use
I put some lemon juice into a small spray bottle ( any spray bottle will be fine). A hairdryer is fine to use also if you do not have a heat gun.
 
 Pic 2 shows backing paper
Spray liberally your piece of card with the lemon juice and heat with the hear gun / hairdryer until it changes colour, The colour intensity will be stronger the longer you heat the paper for. ( gives off a gorgeous smell when doing so as well )!
 
 Pic 3 shows a card created using the paper
I used a Kraftwork card card blank as a base, covered it with the paper (as created above) that I distressed around the edges using a Tim Holtz distressing tool. I chose the  flowers from the Folk Art digi sheet for the toppers and the sentiment is embossed onto coredination card. to finish I have added a few self adhesive pearls.
This card has literally cost pennies to make and is so effective. Thank you for joining me today and I hope that you like what I have created.
Thanks for stopping by
Hugs and love
Tina xx
HAPPY CRAFTING


1 comment:

Tracy said...

Thanks for sharing that technique. I will definitely be trying it out on my cards.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails