Wednesday 30 October 2013

Crafting on a budget

Hi everyone, welcome to the brand new crafting on a budget feature! it will run bi-weekly and each fortnight I will share with you ways to craft on a budget, share my hints and tips and also those that I have picked up along the way.
So without further ado I have to share with you today a card that I have created and I hope that you like it.
 
A few things that can be used
( I also used a 1" round scallop punch not pictured )
 Pic showing cold tea and kitchen roll
Pic showing lightly stained paper
I started by dabbing cold tea onto the newspaper with some kitchen roll and used my heat gun to dry it ( for speed but it is fine to let dry naturally), as you can see it gave a light staining, you can do it a number of times for a deeper colour also works well with cold coffee. Next I rough drew a t-shirt style top on the paper a rough triangle shape and cut them out and punched out 4 scallop circles and put them to one side.
I took a 5x7 card blank and covered it with paper from the Lost and found treasures kit available in the store and popped card candi in the corners.
I took the rough triangle that I had prepped earlier and concertina folded it, trimmed it to neaten and attached it to the card with double sided tape. I then added the t-shirt shape to form the dress and popped some 3mm ribbon to create the belt. For the coathanger I twisted some copper coloured wire until it formed the shape.
For the flowers I took the scallop circles I had prepped earlier and starting at the outer edge spiral tore them, rolled them up and let them ping open and attached them to the corner using Tacky glue and added string pearls with double sided tape.
To finish I added a bow made from 6mm chocolate brown ribbon a sentiment from my stash and added a little colour to the edge of the dress with a copper coloured gel pen and popped some brown crayon on the skirt.
So you see a little card created crafting on a budget using things that most of us have around the home.
I hope that you have enjoyed my first crafting on a budget feature and hope that you will join me in two weeks time where I will be sharing with you a complete revamp of something that cost me just 50p!
Please also pop along to the challenge blog where we have the Halloween challenge running and don't forget the facebook group where there are lots of fun things going on every day and whilst you are there join in the fun and get some points for our loyalty points club.
Thanks for stopping by
Hugs and Love
Tina xxxx
HAPPY CRAFTING
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Tina,
I love this, the card is fantastic, and made on a budget is definitely the right description. It has my head spining with a whole lot of different idea's. so thank you.
I hope you all at Stamoing Dragons have a wonderful day.
Love and best wishes.
Anne
http://www.wabyerley.blogspot.com

Cards by Ziggy said...

Hi Tina,

Just dropping by from the SDD blog ladder.

This is lovely, such a lot of work has gone into it

Ziggy

Gwyneth said...

A great card. I lve how you've made the dress and flowers from an old newspaper.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails